My life has been deep and diverse over the last days. I’ve stretched in several different directions, and life itself seems to be shifting toward new revelations.
I’ve learned not to talk to much about this process while I’m in the midst of it – that can interrupt or end it before the new awareness breaks over me and fills me….
So, here is an update of what I’ve been up to, with my writing:
Round of Words 80 Goals – Round 1, 2012:
- This goal has been attained!
- 2010-2011 EOY Assessments - January 31, 2012
- This goal has also been attained!
- 2011-2012 IHIP Approval Request – February 15, 2012
- This goal has been attained.
- 2011-2012 Second Quarter Reports – March 1, 2012
- I have finished updating Annalise’s report. I am considering formatting it as a bulleted list, and still want to proof, revise as necessary, and add links (I appended asterisks to remind me) and resources.
- Next, I plan to begin rereading, revising, and perhaps reformatting Jeremiah’s report.
- I remain considerably ahead of schedule with this goal. =)
- Once these reports are turned in, all paperwork on our part will be complete and current, until third quarter reports are due on June 1.
- The Sunday Surf post has been completed and posted at my unschooling blog, The Unfettered Life.
- I have reorganized the “paragraph points” for the Tiny Buddha post, and fleshed out where it felt appropriate.
- Looking at the fragmented piece for an extended period was becoming mind-addling, so I have set it aside for a day or two, in order to be able to read it as one piece when I return to it.
I will complete the rough draft of my unfinished NaNoWriMo novel, Chameleon’s Dish.
- I am still on Chapter 17, “Never Doubt I Love”. Current word count for this chapter is 5775 words.
- One event that was crucial to the climactic scenes has now occurred, which I would say means that I am closing in on the end of the middle, with the beginning of the end just a little ways, maybe, over the horizon….
I will submit at least four pieces, queries, or proposals to for-pay markets.
- I wrote a 554 word flash fiction erotica draft for possible submission,
- I will be trimming the piece to under 500 words within the next few days.
- I will also be beginning to create the writing samples for my independent writing enterprise within the next several days.
- I have added writing samples, links, and a poll to my Writer page.
- I have edited the Sunday Surf post on The Unfettered Life.
- I have edited the “Live Writing” post on this blog, added some widgets, a link, and added to and updated pages.
- I posted a One-Minute Writer post on Tuesday.
- I have written a 665-word rough draft of my first review for the Bookmark Break Challenge 2012. I will let it settle for a day or two, then reread and revise. At the moment, it’s maybe more negative than I’m really comfortable with. I would like to come back to it ready to add more of the things I actually liked about the book.
- I have spent some time talking with Jim about his father’s letter and both of our thoughts and feelings regarding it.
- In addition to expressing ourselves, we’ve also been mulling over what this means for our future plans, and considering that out future may very well have shifted from the direction we had been taking.
- This has also led to brainstorming the points I feel I need to touch upon in my letter, and I will be creating at least a rough list within the next several days, when I can do so in a more or less relaxed manner….
- I added a widget link to The Unfettered Life, for ease of sharing between blogs, and am also considering adding a page to post links to specific posts at The Unfettered Life that I wish to share here.
- This should eventually lead to being able to quickly make many of my favorite posts there available here, as well.
- I’ve begun to investigate adding a custom header to this blog. I will be considering photo options over the next several days.
- I have made several changes to the sidebar, in an attempt to streamline the appearance of the blog and to make the sidebar an efficient and user-friendly navigation and inspiration zone.
- I have begun updating my pages, and getting a clearer idea of how I can best utilize them.
- This remains very much a work-in-progress, with me more or less feeling my way and learning as I go. The organically evolving blog appeals to me, though. And it will, hopefully, reflect my organic growth as a writer.
I will input one of my writing notebooks into Penzu, and clip all materials I would like to pursue further.
- I have done well on this. I randomly chose from midway down my stack of completed writing practice notebooks, and ended up with December 1999, which I began on November 30. It was two years after our marriage, when our late dog Bunko was a puppy and the children hadn’t been born yet.
- I have transcribed 16 pages, so far, and found a couple of passages I may come back to clip for development.
- It’s been fun getting to know my 30-year-old self again, seeing the things she was certain of that I still am, where I have totally changed my mind, where she had no clue.
- I may understand myself better, at the end of this notebook, and I will definitely see more clearly where it is that I have come from.
- ROW80 Goals Update- “ROWing with the Flow” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #13 – “Pondering Balance” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #11 – “Wide Horizons” (shanjeniah.com)
- Row80 Goals Update – “Softening and Friction” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #6 – “Ascent of the First Peak” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #8 – “Our Floating Days” (shanjeniah.com)