This was a pleasant, sunshiny surprise, when I turned on my computer one morning a few weeks ago.
I received this from Four Blue Hills a lovely photoblog that celebrates Wyoming, and makes me homesick for our Yellowstone days…..I’m glad I was chosen if for no other reason than that it led me to this little bit of loveliness…..
Because the reward came during my final push to complete my ROW80 goals, I didn’t get right to it, and, since I completed my goals, I have been tending to other things that have also been laid aside, in a roughly chronological/order of urgency way.
I have lots of things started, in various stages of completion, and more in idea stages. I am still in the process of finishing those things I wanted to get to, before my next set of challenges begin – Blogging From A to Z on Sunday, April 1, and ROW80 Round 2 on Monday, April 2.
I’m writing this blogpost in the early morning hours of March 29. Jim has just gone to sleep beside me, and the children are awake, but quietly engaged in their own rooms, Annalise coming in often for hugs and to chat, then going her own way again. We’ve had The Big Bang Theory, How It’s Made, parts of the local news and Conan O’Brien, That 70s Show, M*A*S*H, and now I am preparing for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Between projects here, I’m reading chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird-I began it four years ago, almost, when we went camping on a remote island on Saranac Lake, accessible only by boat, and where we chose to bring no electronic devices, and then, to read again on another camping trip the following week, this time at Greenbelt National Park so that we could honor Jeremiah’s request to go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for his 7th birthday.
This post, started tonight, is likely several days from being completed and posted.
I am in a rambling, restless place, and want to get things begun….later, as things settle, I will flow along with all of them, and, sooner or later, there will be a spate of finishings….
All is well, and I am enjoying it all, and that may very well be the point….
I am moving along, steadily, but allowing the ebb and restfulness I need now. I am spending some time with my reading, and engaging more in real-life socializing and less with the Internet, just at the moment, knowing that these challenges will tend, more often than not, to reverse these polarities
So much of being sunshiny, or positive, is in accepting things as they are, even while moving toward improving them. It’s in striving without straining, and being true to oneself, and living one’s passion, whatever it is….
I am not sure, really, what prompted the award. But I like this one especially, because I want to add joy to the world, and this says that, perhaps, in some small way, I am stretching further than my physical reach, maybe sending a sunbeam into the life of someone far away….
Thank you, FourBlueHills, for brightening my day, and leaving lingering sundrops that will lead me back again to your site, and a for-a-while home I loved, then left, and hope one day to return to….
The rules for this challenge include answering the following questions:
- Favorite colour- Blue (especially turquoise).
- Favorite Animal- Horses, raptors, humpback whales, dogs, cats, and many more…..
- Favorite number- 3
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink- Chai tea, sweet coffee, and water.
- Facebook or twitter- Usually Facebook, but I am Twitter- inclusive.
- My passion- LIFE!!!!!
- Getting or giving presents- Giving
- Favorite Pattern- I like stripes, and paisleys, and abstracts, and polka dots. Animal prints, not so much.
- Favorite day of week- Every day I awaken.
- Favorite flower- crocuses, rose of Sharon, wild and American Beauty roses, daisies, irises, tulips, daffodils, pansies, violets, sunflowers, jasmine.
I must now choose ten blogs to present the award too. I would like to try to present them to blogs who have not received this award.
- Many Worlds From Many Minds
- Demand Euphoria!
- KM Huber’s Blog
- Words in Sync
- Depression Cookies
- Heart Rockin’ Family
- Darlene Steelman
- A Writer’s Universe
I invite you to check out one, some, or all of these amazing blogs. =)Wishing you all a bright, sunshiny life!
- Sunshine Award (couragetoadventurecoaching.wordpress.com)
- You Are My Sunshine (Award) (literarytiger.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Award (lupuschronicles.com)
- Sunshine Award – Let There Be Light! (momentumofjoy.wordpress.com)
- Genuine Blogger and Sunshine Award (imexcited.wordpress.com)
- Howdy! Chuckles Smiles with Sunshine! (seraphim6.wordpress.com)