Usually, I have a mini-essay to place in this space, but this time, I’m going to do something different, and just post a bit of one of my 750word rambles through my own mind…a self-guided tour, if you will…..
~~This really feels good. I could see it as a daunting list, if I wanted to value myself by the list.
I am preferring to look at it more as a tour guide. Something that will help lead me along the path I have chosen, giving me options regarding the direction and sights I will explore along the way…..and thatallows me to backtrack, take an alternate route, stop and linger, and still to have the freedom of moving and vistas that truly draw me….
I’ve been trying to find a graceful way of including my collection of new followers in a blog post…I think I have it…they’re along with me for the adventure, but the purpose is to delight in their adventures, just as I intend to……
So I will be their guide, but never their director. I invite them along, and am truly glad to have them along to share in the adventure with me.
Crunch time….I am about to lose my win streak if I can’t write a lot of words, and pretty damned quickly.
I say I don’t like writing this way, but, in a sense, I think I really do…….there is a tension and censor turning off…as I just delete and correct- ha!
But it does put me in another space, one where whatever is at the top of my head pours out of me…..a nice garbage and roses dump…..
Ah, things are moving along nicely. I don’t want to lose a 64 day streak, and the time is running out….five minutes left t type, and a bit over 200 words to write.
Can I do it?
Well, there were four more….and there were five more!
Yeah, sometimes, it’s desperation, just putting down any words at all to reach that goal….
No one is making me, after all. The police will not be knocking on my door tonight (at least I hope that they won’t).
I do it because I want to. That’s it, the whole entire reason. I want to challenge myself, aand I want to then meet that challenge.
The type of thing people can do when they aren’t overloaded, overburdened, living too much in the to-do list and not enough from their passions…
Because I have freedom, I can make this goal, and strive to attain it, even when it’s a bit stressful to do so. But I won’t make it tonight……..ah well. Such is life.
Here are my goals, arranged in categories for this round: Reading:
- Read at least as many books as the number of the month (4 in April ; 5 in May; 6 in June) from my bedroom To Be Read piles.
- Dance of the Dissident Daughter – COMPLETED.
- Began Star Trek: The Rings of Time.
- Read two stories aloud to Annalise from Mad About Madeline; “Madeline” and “Madeline and the Bad Hat”.
- Read at least 5 blogposts a week (not including my own), and like, comment, and/or share as I am moved to.
- Done at4/4 check-in.
- I read several more posts, commented to most, and, in some cases, shared. I will list them toward the end of the post.
- Find all chapters of Blood and Breath. Input into Scrivener; possibly begin rewrite.
- Searched our old dinosaur of a desktop, used mostly by the kids to play games too old to play on our newer machines. I found a treasure trove of chapters – from two other works in progress.
- No Blood and Breath….so now I will be looking for ways to extricate the info from the external hard drive, unless Eden Mabee happens to have chapters, which she may.
- On the plus side, I now have two “new” WIP‘s to work into future ROWs…..
- Finish father-in-law letter and send.
- I have spent more time considering this. Nothing written down yet, but I think I have a tone in mind, and also how to phrase why I object to the way he approached his concerns.
- Complete the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge.
- I have written a rough draft of L is for Learning, M is for Money, N is for Names, and O is for Openness.
- I have edited and scheduled I is for Intuition, J is for Jeremiah, K is for Knowledge, and .
- Create a “flow chart” for posting to shanjeniah and The Unfettered Life. Use these, and adapt as necessary, throughout the round (with allowances made in April for the challenge).
- Flow chart for shanjeniah has been completed and posted.
- Add pages/ edit sidebar layout on shanjeniah.
- Following the example of KM Huber and adapting it to my own needs, I created a page for challenge goals, schedules, and my current flow chart.
- This will make it easier for my to create my posts, and also for others to see the framework of my writing activity, if they choose to.
- Explore She Writes; Twitter: StoryDam; Pinterest; and LinkedIn . Use, develop, evaluate, adjust.
- Have begun learning more about Twitter through HootSuite, which works more intuitively for me, and is far more inclusive and flexible than TweetDeck.
- I used HootSuite to join in on an hour long StoryDam Twitter chat. I enjoyed it, and next will be checking out their Facebook Group.
- Continue joining hops, fests, challenges, and other community blogging efforts.
- I have continued to post my Blogging From A to Z April Challenge posts through the first week.
- Comment on and share blogs regularly; share my blogs as widely as seems feasible, and in diverse ways.
- I have been commenting, and have plans to begin sharing posts through StoryDam and She Writes within the next weeks.
- Submit at least 5 essays or lists this round.
- I have been invited to submit a 200-700 word essay on becoming/being a blogger to the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette. If accepted, this will be a paid ($5.00) essay, and my first since joining ROW80.
- Continue submitting to hops, challenges, fests, etc.; at least 3 each month.
- Use Twitter and Tweetdeck at least one day a week. Learn more.
- I’ve learned enough to exchange Tweetdeck for HootSuite, for the reasons I listed above.
- I streamed my Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and WordPress accounts to HootSuite on Thursday evening. I enjoyed freeing myself from the constant lure of Facebook, and turned HootSuite on when I went online today. It may become a daily tool.
- Add JOY to every day!
- Wednesday – Cleaning up with the kids, snuggles, being outside with Annalise.
- Thursday- Morning coffee with Jim; hometending; chatting with writers at StoryDam; treating myself to HootSuite upgrade.
- Friday – Snuggles with both kids, tickles with Miah, Madeline with Lise, hometending while embracing the always-shifting chaos.
- Saturday – Took kids shopping at*8Target**. Parked in last spot at side of building so we could walk. I enjoyed the trip and their joy in their new possessions.
- Suggested to Annalise that she might like to offer a sheet of stickers to a little girl who was having a difficult interaction with her mom in the checkout line, and that shifted both of their energies to a happier place, which brought me joy.
- Add movement to every day, too! (it’s a tired week, so not LOTS of moving, but a couple of hours a day spent in hometending/yardtending sprints of purposeful work).
- Wednesday – Hometending and yardtending.
- Thursday – Hometending and yardtending.
- Friday – Hometending.
- Saturday –Took kids shopping at Target. Parked in last spot at side of building so we could walk. Loading and unloading the car, and minor hometending.
- Add self-decorating to every week!
- A small, symbolic beginning. Cleaned my top dresser drawer Thursday, and found two sheer and lovely scarves I had forgotten about. At about 10pm Friday night, I wrapped one around my waist as an impromptu belt, and I then held myself straighter, more aware of my posture.
- Add more of my passions to each day, in as many ways as I can manage.
- Reading and writing every day.
- Happy moments with both children over the last few days; together and individually.
- I have realized that everyone else in the family has a space in the house to call their own – except for me.
- We have a “room” created from bolting three large bookcases together, with two facing into the space, and the third, facing into the living room proper. It had been set up as a hobby space of sorts, but tends not to get used.
- I have decided to claim this space for a study – type area.The family agrees that this is fair, and, over the next months, I will be playing with tidying up and arranging my new space. =)
- Add all these for my beloved others, too!
- Annalise – Read 2 Madeline, helped with watercolor studio, snuggles, “mini-monk” made to order, watched Weird True, and Freaky with her. Shopping trip on Saturday: candy, sneakers, cute socks, stuffed bunny, and assorted trinkets.
- Jim – Doing without the car Wednesday through Friday, so that he could have the car (he doesn’t like sharing, because he often ends up waiting at work). Being on time to pick him up Saturday. Kissing. Coffee and conversation
- Jeremiah – Snuggles, tickles, setting things up on his laptop so he can make purchases more easily (he always asks, and understands about account balances!). Ordered the 3DS battery he’s been needing. Watched Shorties Watchin’ Shorties, That 70s Show, The Big Bang Theory, and part of Nova:Hunting the Elements with him.
- For the family – Helped orchestrate (with Miah and Jim), the purchase of a blue Wii. Also ordered enough controllers for everyone to have access to one, at the same time, and Wii Family Game Night.
- Input two writing practice notebooks to Penzu.
- A small beginning: I typed in 4 out of 120 pages in my June 2ooo Writing Practice Notebook.
- I began writing this notebook, from nearly 12 years ago, in the midst of a particularly volatile argument with Jim – one of the standout blowups of our generally peaceful union….
- I am finding a lot of perspectives in reading the many pages long rant I wrote then, with my feelings when we argue now. Some patterns have shifted vastly; others are much as they were back then, and represent areas where we are still stuck in volatile patterns…..much food for marital and relational thought – and feeling, too.
- A to Z Challenge E is for Energy – Darlene Steelman.
- You want Retro, Huh? – Eden Mabee
- Gratitude of a 21st Century Daughter – Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
- Shedding – KM Huber
- Crossing the Chasm From Here to There – SJ Driscoll
- The Culture Blogs: Sex Education, isn’t it about time? – Jayrod Garrett
- Various Bits and Pieces at Elizabeth Mueller’s blog.
Another Excerpt from 750Words:
~~So, there is another 500 words written. And nearly 750 here, already.
I am liking how these pieces are coming together. They are natural and largely unvarnished, and not too long to take a huge degree of focus from other things…..
it just occurred to me that I am now more than half the way through the alphabet – not with completed and scheduled posts, but with rough drafts written, and the ideas explored.
It’s taking about a half hour apiece to write these, and another hour or so to edit, add images, links, and tags, categorize, and schedule.
And lots more people are finding their way to my words and some of them are enjoying them…..
I am grounding myself, and preparing to soar, all at once…~~
Something New: Tour of Followers:
I would like to recognize those who have taken the time to visit and follow me here. Beginning today, I will list 5 followers per week, until I’ve introduced everyone.
If you can, please take a few minutes to visit one or more of these bloggers.
This week, please meet:
Lots more ROWin’ going on!