The children are growing, and maturing. They’re both hovering at the edge of big changes that will carry them into the next phases of their lives.
As always, and as I have well-documented over the years, it makes for a tumultuous energy in our lives.
It used to catch me unawares, and have me wondering if everything I was doing as a parent – and maybe as a person – was wrong.
I was acting as though life should always flow smoothly, and the chaotic times were an undesirable condition I must resolve.
This time, though, I’ve changed my approach.
Instead of seeing it as a problem, I have opened myself to the energy that’s here, and, while supporting the children in their growth, I am embracing myself, too…
Things are changing and shifting within me, at a level too deep for words. But it’s coming out, in the way I’m living my life, in my writing, in my confidence, and in a new sense of personal peace and power.
Suddenly, the world is big and shiny and exciting with possibilities.
And my arms and soul are wide open.
- Continue posting to One Minute Writer; #Friday Flash; The Lightning and the Lightning Bug; Weekend Creation Blog Hop;Unschooling Blog Carnival;Trifecta and other hops and challenges that intrigue me.
- I have continued with the Story a Day May Challenge.
- Complete Cooperative Catalyst post and relative links (interviews with both children, and their “day in the life” posts from last year) ; submit to editor.
- I have submitted my essay, and mentioned the available links.
- This goal has been attained.
- Continue joining hops, fests, challenges, and other community blogging efforts.
- I am continuing with the Story a Day May Challenge….one story left to write – wonder what it’ll be?
- Comment on and share blogs regularly; share my blogs as widely as seems feasible, and in diverse ways.
- I am continuing to submit and to share, read, and comment. I hope to be able to do more of this as I complete more of my other goals.
- Do 3 guest posts and host 3 guest bloggers this round.
- My first guest blogger, Elizabeth Anne Mitchell, will be featured on Your Soapbox Awaits… on June 1. Please come visit her!
- I have written and submitted my first guest post, on kinship, to Elizabeth.
- I have 2 out of 3 guest posts left to schedule – takers?!
- Submit at least 10 pieces of flash fiction or poetry this round.
- I submitted my dream-based flash fiction piece, “A Splash of Red” to MonkeyBicycle.
- I submitted my bitty little erotic poem, “Love Speaks”, to the Poetry section of the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
- I have completed 4 out of 10 submissions toward this goal.
- News flash – “Love Speaks” was accepted and will be published in early June! And I made another $3.00!
- I have two more flash fiction pieces in progress that may be suitable for submission in the coming weeks.
- Submit at least 5 essays or lists this round.
- I have submitted my post for the Anything Goescolumn in thePittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
- I have submitted my first essay to Cooperative Catalyst. This may eventually become a guest post, there, and I may post there on a somewhat regular basis, as I learn my way around this organic education reform community.
- I have submitted my first guest post.
- I have completed 3 out of 5 submissions toward this goal.
- News flash – “To Bog, or Not to Blog?” was accepted and will also be published in early June. And I will be paid $5, too!
- I have several essays in progress that may be suitable and preparedfro publication during the coming weeks.
- Continue submitting to hops, challenges, fests, etc.; at least 3 each month.
- This goal has been attained for this month.
- I have continued to write a story each day for the Story a Day May Challenge. I particularly enjoyed writing my May 30 story – it’s juicy in a way I really needed it to be!
- Organize all photos on hard drive/move to organized Picasa web albums or delete.
- I have created Picasa albums for all my current
- I am in the process of syncing these albums, some of which will remain private until I have edited and pruned the files.
- Once the albums have finished syncing, I will delete them from my hard drive.
- After that, this goal will be attained, and I can process as I go, moving forward.
- Watermark all photos I post on my blogs, going forward; begin watermarking favorites not on blogs.
- Now that I have figured out how to add the watermarks by the batch, I will be adding them to each Picasa album, going forward.
- All of my current Picasa albums are now being synced to my Web Albums, with watermarks.
- Next, I will make sure all my Web Albums include watermarks, and this goal will be attained.
- I am only adding watermarked photos to my blogs (unless the photo credit belongs to someone else).
- Explore marketing articles on my Facebook Writer Page.
- I read How to Publish and Distribute Ebooks with Smashwords.
- Add useful articles to my shanjeniah Marketing Articles page.
- I added the above article to my page, and will be returning to visit the links.
- Use this information to help define my direction; adjust as needed.
- I am feeling the nature of my future marketing efforts.
- Like everything else about my writing, it will contain my truth, and take an organic and flowing shape.
- I know that I do not intend to focus all my efforts on conforming my writing to specific markets, but rather to finding the just-right markets and venues (whether paying or not), and offering my writing there, stretching my comfort zone as energy, focus, and time permit.
- Add JOY to every day!
- Monday:Peaceful communication of my needs. Lovely family day together.
- Tuesday: Some time alone, peaceful resolution to a conflict, writing all night!
- Wednesday: Quiet family day; sleeping in. Getting published – twice in one day!
- Add movement to every day, too!
- Monday: Hometending in the heat. Luxurious stretching.
- Tuesday: Minimal hometending
- Wednesday: Hometending. Happy I’m Getting Published dance.
- Add more of my passions to each day, in as many ways as I can manage.
- Monday: Writing, exploring, time with loved ones. Medium.
- Tuesday: All-night writing session, M*A*S*H, passion and conversation with Jim. PBS. Lots of submitting!
- Wednesday: Two acceptances! A new (used) washer, the better to do laundry with now that the old one finally stopped even feebly trying to spin…..the price was great, and it should last a year or three.
- Add all these for my beloved others, too!
- Jim: Lovemaking, conversation, snuggling, working together.
- Annalise: Cuddles, guinea pig support, forgiveness, play, talk.
- Jeremiah: Cuddles, conversation, forgiveness, guinea pig time.
So, there we have it. Things are changing, we are growing. Life is in flux and the flow is strong.
I’m going back to ride the tide….why not check out the other ROWers?