Storms and Rainbows
(title inspired by Jeremiah, age 11)
The storm clouds roll through the house,
Chasing away our peace and joy.
There have been times
When such chaos made me feel as though
The fury was forever, and peace
Would never come again.
I thought I needed to stop the storm,
Control its force and direction
Lest we all be destroyed by its power.
I could not see, then
How my yelling and punishing
Only whipped up the winds
And sent the knife-edged rain driving
Into our souls.
Now, I am learning
To let the storms swirl
The lightnings flash
The thunderous tears flow.
When I can settle back,
And allow the emotions to flow
They flow out, and then away,
Leaving us perhaps a little sadder
But free to breathe in the fresh-scrubbed
The storms have left behind.
And the rainbow
Bathes us again
In the dancing colors
Nice mom (Jeremiah’s comment, which I do not want to delete, so here it stays.)
- School Bus Paradox – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 2 (shanjeniah.com)
- Coffee-Flavored Conversation – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 3 (shanjeniah.com)
- Chase your dreams. Believe in them (daboxill.wordpress.com)
- Under Siege (alibragdon.wordpress.com)
- Focus (leahjlynn.wordpress.com)
- Washed Out & Waiting for the Rainbow (alibragdon.wordpress.com)
- Gatherer of Storms (wanggo.wordpress.com)
- We’ve finally figured out what these strange breast-shaped clouds mean! [Physics] (io9.com)