My life is richest beneath the surface…
Sometimes, there is scarcely a ripple
That shows above.
So much is invisible
To those who remain
At the top.
Each day, dishes and laundry
Washed, then dirtied.
The weedy front flowerbed seen
And the snugabug cuddles instead, hidden.
The cozy-crackling fire felt
The hours of hauling and stacking unknown.
Two tumbled-rumpled children fully present,
Their brother a memory-shadow most never see.
People see the joy, the peace
Not the learning and striving so deep beneath
The foundation of happiness is presence.
Surface words:lazy, messy, ditzy
have so little to do with the healing
That is my life’s purpose.
So much emotion, so much done
Out of sight, never considered.
The invisible matters.
This short little poem in black and white
So much life current beneath.
- October Evening, 7pm…OctPoWriMo #1 (shanjeniah.com)
- Coffee-Flavored Conversation – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 3 (shanjeniah.com)
- School Bus Paradox – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 2 (shanjeniah.com)
- Would You Want Invisibility Clothing? (fabsugar.com)
- OctPoWriMo – 31 poems/31 days (susandanielseden.wordpress.com)
- Invisibility (thestorymovement.com)
- Invisibility possible with nanotechnology, say MIT researchers (deathandtaxesmag.com)