Did these last few days seem to fly by, or was that just me?
On Sunday, the children and I went to a bookstore to meet up with Elizabeth Mitchell, a visit we’d talked about since sometime last summer. We had a pleasant and somewhat chaotic visit, as Sunday afternoon is not, apparently, as quiet a time to meet there as I had assumed it would be.
Shortly before bed, my neck began to hurt as though I had pulled a muscle in it. A hot shower, hot rice bag, and ibuprofen eased it. Monday was quiet. I did some hometending, and reading, and a bit of writing and planning. I took things easy. Still, toward bedtime, my neck tightened up again.
It’s just now occurred to me to wonder if my neck isn’t tight in part because I stuck it out in my Monday Meanderings (name change pending!) this week…psychosomatic resistance, maybe?
Tuesday, I met Eden Mabee for our weekly workout. I modified my typical plan significantly, to nurse my neck. I avoided any weight machine that might stress it, and stuck to the three main leg machines. Then I pedaled 6 miles in just over 26 minutes on the recumbent bike, and called it good enough….still, by the time I got home, my neck was hurting again.
Eden stayed a while, because Jim and the kids had gone out for the evening while we were away, to give me some time to be home alone – they returned 20 minutes or so after she left, so I really didn’t have much time to myself.
It’s Wednesday, now, and Jim has to work, and our family to a more typical routine (the kids are out playing in the yard, frolicking in the first promise of spring’s arrival, and I am hometending reading, and writing).
I may find fewer opportunities these activities, during the day, and I will resume being the primary hometender. However, Jim is leaving me a much tidier home, and I’ve gotten a lot more sleep, during his time off, so I feel ready for what’s next…
Have you had any major shifts inyour normal routines during this round? Were they helpful in meeting your goals, or less so? Were you able to adjust?
WANA113 – My BIG ONE:
- I realized I made a mistake with my Word Cloud Grokking, so will be revising and reposting it – once I figure out how to make a folder!
- I commented on 2 other word clouds.
- Read/comment on five word clouds.
- Fix Word Cloud Grokking.
- Begin Grokking #3.
- Attend Thursday Webinar, and catchup on the first one.
Sponsor Visits: Up to Date
- Sometimes You Just Need to Have Faith and ROW80
- ROW80 Check-In
- Writer’s Workshop
- ROW80-1 check in – 02/03 – Which pile? Editing or trash?
- 74rth ROW80 Check-In
- Continue on-time visits.
- Sign up as a Round 2 Sponsor.
Reading: (slowing down some as I move into slack tide, and am writing more.)
- APE: (Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur) -78% complete
- Wild Mind- 56% (will do exercises after reading through)
- Rivet Your Readers With Deep Point of View - 100% (exercises later)
- Are You There Blog? It’s Me, Writer - 71% complete
- 2,000 to 10,000: How to Write faster, write better, and write more of what you love.- 100% complete
- Steering the Craft – page 53 of 173 (3 exercises complete).
- Several blog posts from my Pocket files – some of these will be used in my Sunday Sampler post.
- Continue reading; do exercises in Steering.
- Monday Meanderings – Coming Out of my Shell, Thankfully
- As mentioned above, the name of this theme will be changing. More on that before next Monday’s themed post.
- Friday Frolic – I have clips set up for this post.
- Research for two new features.
- Blogging action plan next steps for The Unfettered Life.
- Introduce Wordless Wednesdays for The Unfettered Life
- Introduce Sunday Sampler to shanjeniah
- Blogging action plan next steps for shanjeniah and Trueborn Jottings.
- Begin collecting material for posting queues – brainstorm ideas (this should have been first, but….).
- I am using the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge to write some exploratory flash pieces that alternate between Spock‘s and Niaan’s POVs, and will provide, I hope, approximately two to three sketchy chapters for each of the inagural books for the Trueborn Warp and Weft series.
- I am also experimenting with deep POV, and first person narrative.
- Thus far, I have rough posts written through H.
- I am using the exercises in Steering the Craft to explore other moments in the epic series, as I have had a few ideas and nascent scenes rattling around waiting for the next High Tide writing spree.
- Submit “A Splash of Red” by March 10.
- Compile QUOMIS. (will save editing for Round 2, so that I can focus on classes and other projects).
- Continue A to Z rough drafts through K.
- Colorblock posts A-C.
- Rough list of 2013 Noveling Projects and next steps for WIP novels.
- Review six month goals, rough list for Round 2.
- “Blow Me a Candy Kiss”- completed and returned.
My current evaluation can be found here.
As we move into the final weeks of the round, are you eager, or apprehensive? I welcome you to share your comments below – let’s get the conversation going!