Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
Today’s my birthday, for those who don’t translate French…
It’s also going to be hot enough to melt the icing on any cake in a matter of minutes – I didn’t order that! Fortunately, I’m not a very big fan of cake, so all’s good, even if I could use a day slightly more conducive to packing and loading up for Unschoolers Rock the Campground…
I may be less visible online, for the next few days. I plan on some deep connection with our tribe, and lots of joy – and, when we get home, the same with my Accomplice, who will be keeping the home fires figuratively burning, because it’s too hot for a real fire…
And now, to the matter at hand!
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 7 Update: An In Tents Pause.
Second Serving Sunday: (A recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, usingThe Snowflake Method, and draft. Plotting complete; 75,129/75,000 words drafted: Scene 24/50 complete; at the midpoint. My CampNaNo goal of 75K is complete and validated – happy birthday to me! =D Next up: Finish the draft – this will be a back-burner project for the rest of the month, as I do Other Things.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse” .Currently complete through S2E18: “The Crossing”. Next up: Celebrate my birthday, my NaNo win, and beat the heat with some Enterprising fun…starting with S2E19“Judgment” . Hey, #itswritingresearch!
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Existing stories ordered and 2015 stories slotted in. Next up: Import 2015 story text to appropriate Scrivener files and folders.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Nothing new. Next up: Highlight Plot notes for all 16 scenes.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Nothing new. Next up: Reread what I have written so far, and do Exercise #2.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.My sponsor post is in; visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Making visits, posting, and getting to comments. Not all, or as quickly as I’d like – but that should change in a quieter August. Next up: A bit of a break after today, due to camping and spotty internet access.
- Share posts – mine, and others': Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas…Nothing this session. Next up: share! Interesting and inspiring things, funny things, things that make me go hmmmm..but likely not till August.
Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!2/1: Tweetdeck, for #RSWrite and Other Things. A wander from the A-Z Road Trip to one blog, then another, then another… Next up: Make this so, again – and again!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 3/5.Tis all about getting ready to camp; gathering things, cleaning things, packing things… Next up: CAMPtending! =D
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Not yet. Next up: make a beginning.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Nothing new. Next up: Finish what I’ve started: Need end matter for form; print for campground. Crop Annalise’s test score photos, and submit to district.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. Yes on write-ins, and peeking at the group…critiques? Not yet. Next up: Read short scene critique.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new. Next up: Follow up with beta #1.
Meditation: Practice four times a week.Experiment with two new techniques. 4/4 for this week; thrice with mandalas; t’ai chi. Continued reading about mandala meditation and practice;1 /2 new techniques. Selected new technique; did very early stage research – more on that when I’m closer to actually starting… Next up: Research technique #2,and begin – likely in August.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing new. Next up: print application.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Yes, yes, and yes!Next up: More! =D
Make time for physical activity every day;use phone app to track three time a week. 3/7 days, 2/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, and t’ai chi. Next up: take the kids camping. Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice.Aim to add second class weekly. At-home practice daily (except Tuesday, when I had class): Reading to increase knowledge base, warm-up, then my combo. It’s becoming habit. Next up: Continue class and at- home practice.