Before I get on to today’s update…
It can be scary, talking about things that hurt, things that can’t be made better, but only lived with, imperfectly. Laying myself bare is something I do better through fiction or poetry than in plain text.
But so many people stopped by, with a few kind words, and sometimes pain of their own. Pain I understand…pain I’d wish on no one.
Sharing that kind of pain has healing in it for me, and I hope it did for those who bravely revealed their heartbreaks, and for those who only read, too…
Thanks for being here, with me, whatever your stories…
And, speaking of stories, here are my most recent Story a Day tales:
- Get Out Your White Hat: Trip’s been caught red – uhh – lipped, and the tempting Vulcan has clearly gotten the wrong idea, and is not amused.
- Fierce: One very determined, and very, well, passionate, Vulcan woman, and the man who loves her enough to paddle her canoe.
- Telling Stories: Trapped in an Everglades lightning storm with a critically ill wife, Trip tries to tell her a story…
And, as a special treat, here’s my 100 word Drabble, in its entirety (reading the preceding two stories will add context, but isn’t necessary). No, I don’t own the characters; nor do I profit in any monetary fashion from playing with them. It’s pure love, plain and simple.
Into nothing –
T’Pol threw her arms out. There must be an edge –
But there was a scent, a mind –
Moving bands of color.
‘Red on yellow; kill a fellow.’
She jerked up too quickly, almost toppled. Was caught. Held in strong arms.
“Shhh, pepperpot. You’re safe. We’re home.”
“Safe? Home?” Eyelids parted. Not enough to see his face. “Trip?”
He helped her trembling hand. Bliss of touch, but this was uncharted terrain.
Sigh of pleasure; fingertips caressing newly bearded cheek.
Treasured human laughter followed her into dreams.
It could possibly be that I am imbuing T’Pol with my own love of a bearded male face – but I think it’s more that those incredibly sensitive Vulcan fingertips find the exploration too good to give up…but that’s another story, and not one I’m telling today, because we’ve got goals to chat about! =D
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC#2): Continue writing a minimum of 1 scene/week; will be a back burner project till June. Nothing new. Next up: Keep going…
- Sea Changes: (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go for JuNoWriMo. This will happen piecemeal, for now…beginning with rereading all background material and stories for the POV characters.
Draft 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts.
13/31 stories drafted, and almost 32,0 00 new words since the beginning of May. Next up, drafting remaining 18 daily stories; completing note transcription/development for remaining 16 ideas; and adding to idea list.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit. ‘
Delete’ snippets to IDIC slush pile, tagging those destined for future stories; 16/16 scenes complete. Word count now down from 13,782 to 10,674.Began general to-do list for next revision pass -will continue organically, from here. Next up: Reread scenes and notes.
Move “Peach Liqueur Love” through Step 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision exercises.
Reread original story, early revision notes, and first two completed exercises.Next up: Reread relevant exercises; and do Exercise #3.
Complete all sponsor visits on time; visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Still ahead.
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Updated challenges; explored some new widget ideas. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
- Beginning May 1, post for StaD each day – a story; a snippet, a story spark; or an essay on progress or process.
All caught up, didn’t stay that way before.Next up: Continue, and develop some update posts…like for Mindful Monday.
- Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 2/5 days; 1/3 yard/declutter. Mellow so far this week. Still a little emotionally worn. Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online andin-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Blogs and comments; a bit of Facebook; hangout time with each of my beloveds. Next up: More of this.
- Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 1/2 new things – bought pansies on a whim. Next up….we’ll see!
- Continue physical activity and exercise – 3 times/week at minimum. 1/3: Yardtending/decluttering Tuesday. Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi.
- Attend t’ai chi weekly. Add one at-home practice move per week. This week’s move: Cloud Hands. Car trouble – no class so far this week. Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better.
- Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly. 1 /2: Meditation; 0 /2: Intentions Journal. Next up: Cement meditation habit; catch up with Intentions journal.
Click the icon to enter the blog hop and ROW away!