It’s been a mellow and very creative few days here. I’ve been giving myself to my writing, to reading, to hometending and family time, and, more than I have since Jim’s accident, to myself.
It’s been renewing and I am emerging from my home-centric cocoon refreshed and feeling the surge of new understandings and ideas -
I’m not ready to talk about yet, for fear of freezing the blossoms before they’ve attained full bloom….
Instead, let’s just ROW along, skimming close to shore, feeling the coming of spring wrapped in the chill of winter’s lingering caresses…..
- Read at least as many books as the number of the month (4 in April ; 5 in May; 6 in June) from my bedroom To Be Read piles.
- I have begun my first three books for May.
- I am on page 47 0f 896 of The Shelters of Stone.
- I am on page 20 of 103 0f Dumbing Us Down.
- I am on page 7 of 265 0f Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids.
- Read at least 3 articles a week from my To Be Read files on computer, and categorize those I choose to keep or share.
- I read this list of 50 Life Lessons.
- I read and reblogged because i, too, have a dream.
- I have one more article to read to attain this goal for the week.
- Read at least 5 blogposts a week (not including my own), and like, comment, and/or share as I am moved to.
- I read and commented on the following posts:
- S is for….
- T is for Time
- Pausing for the Week
- Chaos in the Clouds
- O Give Me a Home
- Beauty Mark
- T is for Tribute to the Tree Man
- This goal has been exceeded for this week - however, since I really did minimal reading earlier in the month, I am hoping to add several more posts before the week ends.
- Complete the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge.
- I have written and edited the text, and am lingering over an extensive and nostalgic array of photos, which I am turning into a series of collages.
- I am hoping to have this project finished by Friday, but have until midnight on Monday to post it, if need be.
- Continue posting to One Minute Writer; #Friday Flash; The Lightning and the Lightning Bug; Weekend Creation Blog Hop;Unschooling Blog Carnival;Trifecta and other hops and challenges that intrigue me.
- I posted I’m THAT Mom… Naturally! to the Unschooling Blog Carnival.
- I reposted this piece, originally written for The Beauty of a Woman Blogfest, to the Flicker of Inspiration Linkup at The Lightning and the Lightning Bug.
- Create a “flow chart” for posting to shanjeniah and The Unfettered Life. Use these, and adapt as necessary, throughout the round (with allowances made in April for the challenge).
- I have begun using the flow charts – but not yet both each day.
- On Monday, I began my first weekly review on The Unfettered Life. It’s not complete, yet, but it is a beginning.
- On Tuesday, I updated my Bookmark Break Challenge page to reflect my April reading.
- I began a post for my Write 1 Sub 1 Monthly Challenge.
- On Wednesday, I worked on my goals update post.
- I hope to be following both charts at least a few days a week by May.
- Add pages/ edit sidebar layout on shanjeniah.
- I have begun a page for guest bloggers.
- I hope to have the page ready by Sunday’s check-in.
- Explore She Writes; Twitter: StoryDam; Pinterest; and LinkedIn. Use, develop, evaluate, adjust.
- I shared my Flicker of Inspiration submission on the StoryDam Facebook Page.
- Continue joining hops, fests, challenges, and other community blogging efforts.
- I joined the Flicker of Inspiration Linkup, “Beautiful to Me”.
- I am in the process of completing my last post for the A to Z April Blogging Challenge.
- I am also currently working on a post for the May Unschooling Blog Carnival.
- I am participating in the year long Bookmark Break Challenge.
- I am also participating in the year-long Write 1 Sub 1 Monthly Challenge.
- Comment on and share blogs regularly; share my blogs as widely as seems feasible, and in diverse ways.
- I have shared I is for Intuition and J is for Jeremiah to the ROW80 Facebook Page.
- I have also shared my Unschooling Blog Carnival post. “I’m THAT Mom…Naturally!” to the ROW80 page.
- As mentioned above, I have read and commented on several blogs. I have been working my way through some of the many comments building up on my own blogs. If you’re waiting, I am getting there! =)
- Do 3 guest posts and host 3 guest bloggers this round.
- I have begun setting up a new page here, Your Soapbox Awaits…, which will become a home away from home for my guest bloggers.
- I am in the process of contacting my guest bloggers, and those who have offered me places on their blogs.
- I hope to at least have all the posts scheduled, if not posted, by the end of May.
- Submit at least 10 pieces of flash fiction or poetry this round.
- I have reread and made notes for my flash fiction piece “The Coupling”. I plan to have it ready for submission by May 1.
- Continue submitting to hops, challenges, fests, etc.; at least 3 each month.
- I have attained this goal for this month.
- Learn how to watermark pictures.
- This goal has been attained.
- Watermark all photos that appear on my blogs, and all those I post going forward; begin watermarking favorites not on blogs.
- I have begun watermarking the collages I will use in my Z is for Zoo blogpost.
- Add JOY to every day!
- Monday: The pleasure of a leisurely day at home; lingering talk; minor hometending. Coffee and love.
- Tuesday: T’ai chi, singing in the car with the window down, all alone…taking the time to watch the hawk swoop low over the fallow corn field. Reading and writing. Working in my library.
- Wednesday: Reading, writing, collage-making, hometending, blue corn tortilla chips, snuggles with both kids.
- Add movement to every day, too!
- Monday: Hometening.
- Tuesday: T’a chi (first time since Jim’s accident)!; hometending, a little dancing.
- Wednesday: Hometending and a little dancing.
- Add self-decorating to every week!
- I cut my wavy and very forgiving hair on Tuesday, a first step in a several step process……stay tuned!
- Add more of my passions to each day, in as many ways as I can manage.
- Monday: Leisurely day with my family. Bliss.
- Tuesday: T’ai chi!; car singing; solitude; writing and reading.
- Wednesday: Working toward many goals, passionately!
- Add all these for my beloved others, too!
- Annalise: Laughter, games; snuggles; reading together.
- Jeremiah: Saying yes to his request to bake a cake, chats, cuddles.
- Jim: Snuggles, coffee, and conversation. Couples stuff.
- Input two writing practice notebooks to Penzu.
- I am on page 20 of 12o of notebook #1, June 2000.
- Pay remaining balances for summer trips to Unschoolers Rock the Campground and Northeast Unschooling Conference.
- I managed to get up and awake well before noon on Tuesday, and made the call, so Unschoolers Rock the Campground IV is all paid for! =)
Annalise began reading silently, here and there, and learned that she can now do a 100 piece puzzle. She watched Tigers in the Snow and an episode of Nature that explored the wolves of Chernobyl. She looked at first Elijah’s scrapbook – “There’s only three pages, Mommy” was her heart-tugging comment when faced with how brief a life 12 days is – and then Jeremiah’s “Seeing him as a little baby makes me feel older.” And that, for a younger sister who chafes at being the littlest, is an evener, if only a temporary and fanciful one.
Being so close to 8 is hard on her, sometimes. She seems to view it as the magical age of big-kidness, and early July seems both very close and very distant.
The bedroom is for dreaminess and my library exudes purpose.
- ROWing Mellowly Down the Stream – ROW Update #5 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROWin’ in the Rain – Goals Update #6 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Round Two: “Eyes Scanning The Horizon” (shanjeniah.com)
- “Life Blooms; I ROW” – Goals Update #4 (shanjeniah.com)
- “On the ROW Tour” – Goals Update #2 (shanjeniah.com)
- “Growth and Juggling…..” ROW80 Goals Update #3 (shanjeniah.com)
- Blogging From A to Z April Challenge Topics….. (shanjeniah.com)
- Flow Chart For – shanjeniah (shanjeniah.com)
- A-ROWing We Will Go….Update #1 (shanjeniah.com)