A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
My last Second Serving Sunday post: The A-Z CampNaNo Edition
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
This week was – interesting. Yes. That’s the word I’m going with.
It started with my daughter getting sick shortly after I got home from my write-in last Sunday night. Monday had her on the couch, sleeping on and off all day. I call her the Force of Nature, and not because she’s generally sedentary. The whole vibe shifted, without her kinetic energy bubbling through everything else.
Tuesday was even more interesting. My Accomplice got the stomach bug, just as my daughter was recovering. The aging dog decided that the cat needed chasing – that’s something that happens a couple of times a week. But this time he caught her, and ‘played’ with her. He got a lacerated nose; she hid under the sink for two days before emerging, still stiff and sore, but jumping and climbing. She’s now curled up on my bed, and I’m making a point to wear the dog out more often, to avoid further angst and injury, and promote healthier canine/feline relations (or at least a detente!).
I’m kind of glad the second part of the week was more mellow, you know?
In other news, I’m gearing up to dive into Act Three of my first CampNaNo novel(-la?), Transitions (KIC#1) ; I’ve done the majority of the plotting for Generations (KIC#2). I’m on schedule with my Blogging from A-Z April Challenge, and I’m planning to finish up and submit my ROW80 sponsor post later today.
And now, last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Natural Growth: My Round Two goals and intentions, and a bit of reflection, too.
- April Showers Bring….Sickness? My April goals, and a stomach virus…rather odd bedfellows, like the characters in my novella!
Eight Sentence Sunday:
- “Introductions” : A young potter named Corinne is introduced to two older men…opening paragraphs of my Kifo Island Chronicles novella-in-progress, Transitions.
- On April hiatus.
- Until Today? Terrance has suspicions, and what he thought were the unshakable foundations of his marriage might be crumbling. More from Transitions (Kifo Island Chronicles #1).
- “All Business”: A Kifo Island Chronicles Story: Corinne the potter has his husband, so Terrance decides to throw himself away with someone else…someone who sees this as a business arrangement…complete with an indemnity waiver!
A-Z Challenge: Traveling my Way Through the Alphabet in April!
- Everglades and Eagles: We travel back to the River of Grass to visit some wildlife; then out west to Yellowstone, for a close encounter of the bald eagle kind.
- Firehole and Fumaroles: Poetry and geothermal features – an interesting intersection of life and art.
- Havasu Falls: A trip to the place of the blue-green waters, and a new stage in a relationship’s journey…
- In the Dark: How do you feel about being in the dark – now, how about in a cave or underwater cavern?
- Joshua Trees: Music can inspire and transport us to unexpected and wondrous places – sometimes, literally.
Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6.
- Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo (roughly two novellas).
- Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Transitions and Generations.
- Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
- For Coffee and Conversation: C and C is on April hiatus. There will be an A-Z post each week, so feel free to stop by any Monday, and enjoy!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week, one last snippet from Transitions, before I begin drafting Generations.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from my Kifo Island Chronicles novellas, Transitions and Generations, throughout April. We’ve got one more from Transitions, and then Generations takes center stage.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning April 5, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- 12 Emotional Stages of Falling in Love With a Book or Series And not half bad advice for those of us who write the things, either! =D
May your week ahead exceed your wildest expectations! Spring is finally here, and I’m…