Since my ROW80 updates are getting a little crowded, this seems to be an interesting way to update some things without adding to the clutter. June will be my “test month” for this feature. I’ll be evaluating and adapting, with a bit of a sandbox approach…summer’s a good time for playing in the sand! =D
Do you ever just need to get away – from routine, the expected, life-as-you-know-it?
I didn’t post here last Sunday. I was instead enjoying the last day of a lovely weekend visit with friends a state away. I swam and played water games, and sat in sun and shade on Sylvia and Jim’s deck, reading and chatting.
It was a lovely way to spend the day, and I have no regrets about not posting. Sometimes you gotta get away….
This week, I’m back. Most of my creative energy has been on a late rally for JuNoWriMo – you can see more about that further down the post (Life Stuff). Other than my “hooky” day on Sunday, I’ve kept up with my blogging, and my reading, and my writing….lotsa that. And I’ve stretched myself, too..
Anyway, here’s what’s up in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Recently at shanjeniah:
- Sunday Post for June 8
- Coffee and Conversation: Tangential Thoughts
- WIPpet Wednesday: Gradations of Memory
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Whatcha Readin’?
- Coffee and Conversation: Up for a StoryFest?
- WIPpet Wednesday: Breathless
- SoCS: I LIKE FLIKE!
This week, I’ll be riding the creative wave of JuNoWriMo, attempting to reach 50,000 words, and the end of my WIP fantasy novel, The Stars are Fire. If I’ve still got words left to write at the end, I will pick up with my other WIP, Perchance to Dream, Star Trek: TOS/ Enterprise fanfiction novel. These two are interwoven, and my goal is to complete the drafting of both by year’s end.
- For Coffee and Conversation, I’ll finally be exploring the pitfalls of treating children as projects rather than as people. I’vee intended to write this post all month. It’s time, and then some.
- WIPpet Wednesday will host an excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance – I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with the final installment of“Vermilion Threads”T’Pol’s initial reaction to her compulsory assignment to Enterprise.
- And forStream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), I’ll be doing just what the title suggests – writing a stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
Then I got occupied reading T’Pol/Trip fan fiction, and, well, writing….so I haven’t been browsing elsewhere on the Internet as much as I might have. I did find a few interesting things, and now comes the fun part when I get to share them!
- My WANA friend Karen McFarlandshares A Whale of a Tail.
- Beautiful things can happen when unschoolers discuss the phrase “a cameo role”.
- Fellow ROW80er Lee MacCauley doesn’t exactly challenge us to a duel.
- The kids and I had a lovely weekend visit with our best out-of-state friends.
- I did something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and went to visit the family for whom I babysat in my teens. Odd to think that the boys are now all in their 30s! I’m more like a long-lost sister, than a former babysitter, now, and that suits me fine. They’re good guys. =)
- I got the kids’ homeschool reports finished for the quarter. Yay, me!
- My car is finally road-worthy, and I took myself out for two workouts – one with my son, which also included a lunch date, and another on my own, after which I took myself toPanera to write.
- And I’ve been reading T’Pol/Trip fan fiction, and writing up a storm – over 18,000 words in four days!
I like to end on a high note. Laughing works!