It’s been a mellow few days here. I haven’t gone anywhere, and have spent most of my time in hometending, time with the rest of the family, and writing…
I have made progress on every one of my goals. However, I have not wiped any completely from the slate, and so I am adding nothing new between now and the net update. Since I have several items nearing completion, I will likely have some space then…
Honoring Myself (Original goals post)
My one goal for this round is to honor myself – my rhythms, energy, and needs. My truth. My dreams and desires and emotions.
A fundamental part of that is to identify my energy type each day, and list what I do. It’s my hope that, throughout the round, patterns will emerge which will lead me to a more joyful and organic writing flow – one that truly honors me, while at the same time allowing me to get the most out of my writing time, which is seldom predictable.
What’s coming up, during the next days..?
Long Term Projects – Five in-progress.
- ROW80 Sponsor Visits Throughout the Round –
- I completed my sponsor visits on Thursday.
- OctPoWriMo in October –
- Poems for each day – still on track to complete all, on time.
- NaNoWriMo in November – Continue prepping, freewriting, and daydreaming my way to the shape of the story during October.
- I did some freewriting, and wrote an initial list of questions to ask Jeniah.
- I have a better idea of where the plot and motivations are, although only still in a very general sense.
- I have registered myself and my novel on the Nano site.
- Moving ahead with the Reporting Pages project on The Unfettered Life. – Adding information to the pages on an ongoing basis.
- I have begun adding images and links toAnnalise’s Reading Page.
- I have begun to add details for Annalise’s Writing/Spelling Page
- I have completed the text and links for Jeremiah’s Reading Page. Next, images.
- New Fitness Goals – I will focus on eating something each time I am hungry (and trying to get protein and/or magnesium into every other time I eat).
- I will be active enough that I can always feel my body, and my muscles.
- Wednesday was a slack day for me, physically, because there was a lot of writing to attend to.
- Thursday, I did some mellow hometending, and moved the remainder of the firewood into the garage, completing that goal.
- Friday involved an intensification of hometending, cutting the dead foliage in the front flowerbed (a freeze is expected tonight; our first of the season), and untangling a bit more of the jumbled front porch/playroom (my goal is to be able to stash bicycles and winter toys there, so the kids’ bikes don’t rust and the sleds don’t get buried in the snow rather than gliding over it…
- Saturday – I woke with a migraine that strengthened and receded throughout the day. I did a little very mellow hometending – dishes and laundry. Also brought in some firewood for the house, which made Jeremiah happy – he has been building and tending the fire the last two days. I also made our bed.
Short Term Projects – Five in-progress..
- Moving firewood, as weather permits.
- All of the usable firewood is now in the garage and safe from wet.
- There is still some stacking and organizing to be done; that will blend with the restocking of the house and cleaning of the garage.
- I made a good start at the house restock. It was a cold day, and Miah started the fire at about 5pm, so he was using as I was stocking. I hope to finish reloading tomorrow, when the daylight hours are predicted to be warmer.
- Brainstorm and Create Lists for Ebb Tide and High Tide projects.
- I have collected my brainstormed ideas, mostly for Ebb Tides, from 750Words, and moved them to a LibreOffice file.
- The Ebb Tide list is categorized and includes several general projects for each.
- The High Tide list is just a few ideas (most of which I’ve begun in some way, one of which I have completed) buried in the midst of some text.
- It seems I will not need as many of these ideas at once, though, because they are so much less about housekeeping and require time and creativity.
- I will be moving these to their own section or list, categorizing, and adding at least several more items to the list, so that there will always be a few waiting there when I need an idea.
- Revise and submit “Namaste” guest post for a friend’s blog, promised far too long ago.
- I have cut several paragraphs, and made notes for the next revision, to begin Saturday.
- This piece is now 1212 words. I would like to trim it to somewhere below 1000 in the next editing run.
- I have a draft waiting for rereading and possibly the final revision. .It is 953 words long, which feels like a far more manageable length.
- Revise and submit “Claiming My Passions piece” WIP submission to the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
- I have reread, made minor changes, and a note.
- I will be rewriting this as an interview with myself.
- I have made some cuts and changes as the preliminary phase of the interview rewrite.
- New Project – Register and Set up Novel Info at NaNoWriMo –
- I and my novel-to-be, King of Infinite Space, are set up on the NaNo site.
- There are still details I want to add; my intent is to have all the relevant details in place by October 25.
My energy levels and poems for the last few days…(full account is here)
- Wednesday: Slack tide, moving toward High once again.
- Poem: The Altar of Trust
- Thursday: Slack tide, (resting from Wednesday’s busyness), with elements of Ebb tide.
- Poem: The Broken Code
- Friday: Slack tide, moving toward High.
- Poem: Passion
- Saturday: Ebb tide (due to hormonal migraine throughout the day).
- Poem: Last Night, We Laughed
Now, for my thoughts on the specific long -term projects I listed in my goals post:
I am serving as a sponsor for this round.
- I completed my sponsor visits on Thursday. =D
- I began a list of resources and ideas born from my visits, to experiment with during Ebb Tide times. It’s a very short list, still, but it will undoubtedly grow longer as the round progresses.
- I have been adding to my Things to Check Out list. I have added things gleaned from other sources, as well, and there are already a couple dozen items to explore. Is it wrong to be half-wishing for a long cold winter? =D
I am participating in the OctPo WriMo Challenge throughout October.
- I have continued to write a poem each day, as noted above.
- I continue to mull the project idea for the 31 poems when completed.
- I have decided to make Tuesday and Friday my OctPoWriMo visiting days. I will visit several blogs on those days to spread the love.
- I visited 5 poets on Friday, my first “official” visiting day.
I will be participating in NaNoWriMo throughout November, writing at least 50,000 words of another novel in my Truebornseries, King of Infinite Space. I might plan or sketch out parts ahead of time, or I might just leap in blind, with only the vaguest sense of where I am headed, which tends to work out for me.
- I am continuing to gain a sense of the basic plot shape, and details are beginning to appear.
- As noted above, the plot is starting to appear with more detail. I’ve done a bit more freewriting, just jotting down what I feel, and doing more pondering and opening myself to the story and characters.
- I ‘m currently considering what questions to ask my characters – hope to have a list to work with by the next update, if other busyness permits.
- I have a list for Jeniah, as she is the character I seem to know the least well. It’s not a long list but it is detailed enough that, once I learn the answers to most of these, I will be able to write her from a natural Jeniah-space within myself.
- I will continue to do some freewriting to explore, and perhaps also write a flash fiction piece or two, if I have enough material, time,and inspiration.
- I did some productive freewriting, and am priming to do more.
- My novel and I are now on the NaNo site! I have not yet filled in all the details; that will come during the next week or two.
I will be answering a rather embarrassing backlog of blog comments that have, in some cases, waited for months…it’s time – actually, far past time – to attend to these, acknowledge those who took the time to comment, and, in the process, enrich myself.
- I have answered all backlogged comments on shanjeniah.
- I will be answering comments there on Mondays and Thursdays, at least for the next week or two. I will assess this as I go forward, and adapt as needed to find the best balance and timing to answer comments in a timely manner.
- I had a few comments to respond to on Thursday; they were much more manageable to attend to . I think I like this schedule, and it may inspire me to schedule more of my blogging and writing tasks, so long as the schedules serve rather than chain me.
- I will now be moving on to answer comments on the guest post I wrote for Tiny Buddha waaaaay back last winter.
- I had good success with answering comments every other day, so I will do this for the Tiny Buddha post as well.
- Once I get through all the comments for my guest post, I will move on to the comments on The Unfettered Life. That will be the last of the major spots I need to catch up.
- I am so happy to have shanjeniah caught up at last! WOOTWOOTWOOT!!!
In addition to the projects above, I added:
Moving firewood, as weather permits.
- The current pile is in the garage.
- I am cleaning it up during the next days, as I restock the house.
Moving ahead with the Reporting Pages project on The Unfettered Life.
- There was not a great enough page allowance at the main blog, so I created reporting blogs for bothAnnalise and Jeremiah.
- .I completed the text for Annalise’s Reading page, and began Jeremiah’s Reading page.
- I began Annalise’s Writing/Spelling Page, and adding links and visual elements to the Reading page.
- I completed adding links to Jeremiah’s Reading Page. I will find and add images at a slightly later point in time.
- I would like these blogs to also serve as a type of portfolio for each child – a clearly visible record of what they are doing, exploring, and learning. I may even add recordings or videos…in time. All in time….
- My long-range goal, for the rest of this month, is to have enough material for each topic to construct the main body of the report, so that completing the reports in a timely manner does not conflict with my NaNo participation.
Short-Term Projects In Progress for 10/10 – 10/13 (completed items in blue):
Continue brainstorming Ebb Tide and High Tide projects.
- As noted above, I have moved forward on this project. Lists are progressing and evolving.
Review and revise guest post for a friend’s blog, promised far too long ago.
- I have reread the piece, entitled Namaste. It is far more raw and scattered than I remembered, but I can see potential and truth there, too.
- I’ve completed a rough edit, more to reorient myself to the ideas, delete unneeded passages, and trim the words than to create a submittable draft, at this point.
- I have a version awaiting rereading/possible revision, and then it’s time to submit it.
Revise and prepare WIP items for submission to the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
- I have reread a freewritten essay, “Claiming My Passions”, which I plan to develop for submission here.
- I have completed a rough edit of this piece, to correct the many obvious errors (it was speed-written), and to reorient myself to it.
- I’ve begun the interview rewrite.
Review guest post policy at Words In Sync for possible guest posting opportunities.
- I have reviewed the Guest Policy, and have begun to read the suggested links.
- I have a never-published flash fiction piece, “A Splash of Red” that I feel might be right at home with Shah. It is complete, but I will want to reread and perhaps revise before sending it off.
For a detailed list of my activities by day, and my reading list for the last few days, click here!
- ROWing, Flowing, and Clarity -ROW80 Update 9/6/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Activities and Projects 10/7 -9, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Delving Deep and Breaking Through – ROW80 Update 10/7/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Finding My Stride – ROW80 Update, October 10, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Basic, Busy Row- ROW80 Update 9/17/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- And…We’re off! -ROW80 Goals Update, 10/4/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Missing Margot – ROW80 Update for September 13, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Honoring Myself – ROW80 Round 4, 10/2/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Autumnal ROW – ROW80 Update, 9/2/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Are you going to NaNoWriMo? (shawnbird.com)