Okay – I promised on Wednesday that there would be some major changes coming along today, and now it is time to deliver on that… I am in the midst of Kristen Lamb’s Blogging for Brand class, and have envisioned my ideal writing life, setting incremental goals to move me toward it. I shared the grand vision here. The first increment is the end of the class, which is roughly concurrent with the end of this round. These new goals look quite different than those I originally chose for this challenge, as they focus on moving me toward my big life goal. I had become accustomed to setting my goals in 80day cycles – the length of one round. Although I tried to choose goals that were aiming toward something, I hadn’t really defined what that something was, so I was moving nearer in a scattered fashion….so energy, time and focus were not being used as efficiently as they might be… I am shifting to these goals, and setting aside the previous (available, if you are curious and scroll down a bit), and I feel like I’m breathing fresher, purer air. I am now aimed at a target I can feel, and see clearly, rather than an ambiguous figure I can barely sense, hiding in the thick forest growth far ahead of me….
In the meantime, I am still wrapping up my Big Three: WANA 113 –
- Connected with all other class members through friending or friend requests.
- Began connecting to other class members through social media – this will be an ongoing project, when time and focus permit.
- Commented on others’ assignments, discussions,and blogs – this will also be ongoing, if intermittent.
- Posted twice to my WANATribe blog.
- More writing toward the novel and blogging action plans (detailed in my revised goals). Target is to have these completed by month’s end.
- Finished reading the first lesson, and am taking a day or two to grok it before moving on to the second.
Editing Finding Esta –
- Completed Chapter 26 – 72% of the project.
Homeschool reporting –
- Finished Annalise’s, excepting the attendance.
- Will begin Jeremiah’s later tonight…
What’s going on? Life’s full and busy. The children and I are visiting New Jersey friends, the Woodmans, this weekend – by the time Sunday is over, though, we will be home and Jim will be on vacation! There’s been:
- Stimulating conversation that challenges me to think and rethink my assumptions
- Walks in the dark with glow sticks
- Nerf gun store stocked and operated by four children, ages 6 -11
- Monster High doll, baby doll, and fashion play
- Gorilla rides by Jeremiah
- Skylanders and television
- And a LOT of laughter!
We arrived here at about 8:45pm on Friday, and were all up until close to noon on Saturday….a few hours’ sleep, and then we were up again…in a few hours, we’ll begin the five hour drive home, and Jim will officially be on vacation…since his last one was spent like this, we’re really looking forward to time just to be together, this year! Other stuff….
- Indie-Kissing Blogfest – The Huntress Stretches (poem)
- Responded to several blog comments, following my Monday/Thursday routine.
- Began reading APE (Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur), on Kindle, in early preparation for my launch into self-publishing , which will evolve over the next year or so.
- Signed up for Blogging From A to Z April Challenge. I will be using Trueborn Jottings, this year. Each post will relate to something in the Weft series….a good way to lay more groundwork for my noveling, gain a wider audience for this blog, and garner future readers for my novels, as they find their way into the world….
- Sponsor visits ( I’m letting that missed session slip away; I have done all others.)
- #ROW80 Feeling Not Quite Inspirated
- ROW80-1 check in 02/13 Now I’m cookin’
- Disciplined Role Model
- Mid-Week Update: Goal #1—Check!!
What’s coming up…. With Jim on vacation, I will have the luxury of a second on-call parent for much of the next two weeks, so I am panning accordingly:
- I plan to finish both the Esta edit and Jeremiah’s rough draft this week, so that I can place my focus on my class, and on WANACon Day One on Friday. Then, I think I will relax a bit on Saturday, giving myself time to absorb.
- The rest of my round will be devoted to the new goals and my class. There’s plenty to do, and I suspect I will be full of goodness, with the two lessons still unread, a photo editing site to play with, another grokking to complete…and those goals I set and am beginning to pursue….and whatever else Kristen has in store for us in the next weeks!
And, one final little bit of niftiness, to round out this Sunday report…. I received an email from a publication I submitted a poem to last year. They did not accept it, but this was the most personalized and encouraging rejection letter I have received yet! It included not only things I can improve upon, but also some very specific praise about the individuality of my cadence and rhythm. =) They’ve invited me to submit there again, and I shall…after a very thorough rereading of guidelines and sample copies!
It’s a BLOG HOP!
- In Grokking I Trust: #ROW80 Update, 2/10/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Trusting in See-Saws – #ROW80 Update 2/6/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Trusting Through the Ebb – #ROW80 Update, 2/13/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Truststorms #ROW80 Update 2/3/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 2013: Round 1 Goals – Building with Trust (shanjeniah.com)
- Deep and Trustful Excavations, #ROW80 1/16/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Bounding Trust – #ROW80 Commentary, 1/27/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Weaving the Flows – ROW80 Update, 1/13/13 (shanjeniah.com)