As I began my Expansion Round, I wrote this:
I want to embrace my goals, and nurture them while they nurture me, in a symbiotic relationship. I want there to be more joy, and less stress.
So, I’ve winnowed and shifted my goals, and I’m ready to adapt, if I feel an unnatural pressure forming. This is my Expansion Round, and I’m looking not for rampant swelling, but a more natural growth. Like a plant or a baby, where growth is the order of the day.
With that in mind…off we go, to sow some seeds!
Now it’s the end of the round, and time to evaluate. I feel like I kept true to the spirit of the intention. I made solid forward progress, but in a way that never felt breakneck or white-knuckled. I didn’t achieve everything on the list, and that’s OK. Another round starts a week from tomorrow, with 80 days more to indulge in my passions…
So, here’s the rundown!
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Draft one story, and submit one, each month, on average. Complete revision and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening” by the end of the round; complete “Peach Liqueur Love” edits through Deep Revision Step 3. CampNaNo Kifo Island Chronicles novel projects for April and June; 31 new TnT stories for May.
- Created basic pre-editing plan for “Slow Jazz”. Highlights/comments for Round 3 edits complete; detailed pre-editing notes for 12/16 scenes. Still behind with submitting; made progress with “Jazz” while focused on drafting. Reread “Peach Liqueur” during “Jazz” resting phases.
- Far ahead on the writing component of this goal, with 31 new stories for May, and a second KIC novel in progress and targeted to finish in June.
Transitions (KIC #1): Complete at 58,730 words.
Generations (KIC #2): Drafting; Scene 17/24 nearly completion; 47,134/~60,000 words.
Sea Changes (KIC#3): Plotting about midway through.
- Through S2E15: “Cease Fire”.
- Stories and posts completed; posting one per day, plus several snippets, “why am I doing this?”, wrap-up, and link page.
Blogging from A-Z travel posts: Complete all, on time.
- Reflections post.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:
Select July project and plot, using The Snowflake Method (read this book).
- Book read; project selected: Foul Deeds Will Rise, a Trueborn Weft Series fantasy novel that will chronicle the coming-of-age stories of Tribed Trueborn twins Niaan and Vaara.
- Snowflake Step 3: Character Development, 2/4 characters complete.
The IDIC Romance: Complete revision and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
- Preparing for Revision Pass #3; scene 12/16 notes complete.
- Revision Process in early progress.
Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- Posts on track, even in busy times…Coffee and Conversation took an April hiatus, and moved to Fridays. Visits and comments fluctuated, but better.
Blogging Action Plan: Revise plan; overhaul Lovely Chaos sidebar.
- Several changes to sidebar; more planned.
Share posts – mine, and others': Share generously as inspired!
- Sporadic, especially during my drafting marathon.
Explore social media as it fits with life and writing.
- Not the easiest fit, with writing intensity..satisfied, overall.
Continue with near-daily decluttering/beautification projects; begin shifting some energy and focus to the yard.
- Progress in all bedrooms; family; living room; and front porch; raking and decluttering yard; planting, weeding, and mowing. This one’s a HUGE win!
Homeschool Administration: Complete third quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due June 15. Letters of intent filed. Annalise’s standardized test ordered, administered, and returned by July 1.
- Reports and letters submitted; testing phase completed, and pulling-together phase has commenced. Expect to have this ready and in the mail by Tuesday the 30th, at the latest.
Photo digitalization: Scan Arizona travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Some Arizona; some others, as needed for posts.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.
- I consistently did very well with this.
Kindle ebooks by authors I know: Read 1, and write reviews for 3.
- This was a bust; too much drafting. Next up:Plan to make this a secondary focus for August and September, which are revision months for me.
NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- I love my group – this was easy! =D
Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation twice a week.
- Becoming more natural and varied; making the goal every week. Big win!
Starfleet: Fill out application and attend at least one USS Albany group meeting.
- Not yet. Seems I have something happening near the end of each month, and time slips away…
My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least four times per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Exceeding – Usually, a few times a week for each. I rocked this one; family harmony and connection multiplying exponentially! <3
Fitness and Nutrition:
Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity at least twice weekly.
- Mostly; not perfect.
Practice: Resume t’ai chi or yoga classes by end of round.
- T’ai chi has become a regular part of my schedule. Postponing yoga at least for now.
Intuitive Eating: Read and begin considering.
- Nothing new read. Pondering.