Links and Summaries for My Online Content
- Sometimes There is no Right Way – Tiny Budhha:
- This essay ponders the concept of “The Right Way”, how my upbringing affected my perceptions of right and wrong, and how, through practicing at presence and compassion, I am learning to see and shift those patterns – and how doing so may have saved my oldest friendship.
- To Blog or Not to Blog? – Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette:
- Musings on becoming a blogger; beginning just weeks after the death of our newcorn son, as a type of personal therapy. There followed by a six year absence from the world of blogging, and then, a return to it, at a far more joyous stage of life – the beginning of our unschooling journey.
- Guest Post — Shan Jeniah on Kinship - Elizabeth Anne Mitchell:
- Reflections on kinship, and family, and how one does not necessarily guarantee the other; and what kinship means to me.
- #NaNoWriMo Interview: Shan Jeniah Burton – Donna McNicol’s My Write Spot
- An interview regarding how I approach National Novel Writing Month.
- 4AM Call - Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette:
- Loosely fictional biographical flash poem, about a life-shifting event, originally written for The Trifextra Weekend Challenge - to write a 33 word poem, beginning with the words, “The phone rang at 4am…”.
- Love Speaks - Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette:
- Autobigraphical erotic flash poem; reader discretion advised.
- Notes From The Flash Fiction Underground (June 8, 2012) (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Poetry: Love Speaks by Shan Jeniah Burton (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- To Blog Or Not To Blog…by Shan Jeniah Burton (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- “The Huntress in Moonlight” – Flash Fantasy (shanjeniah.com)
- “Watersdeep’s Edge” – A Storyteller’s Writing Challenge (shanjeniah.com)