I know it’s a ROW80 break, but I do best when I keep to the rhythm of Wednesday/Sunday updates, so I’m keeping on with that. Next week, Round Four begins…and, Sunday, I’ll be tallying my monthly goals, updating my annual goals, and unveiling a new set of goals for Round Four….yup, a busy day for me!
In the meantime, there was writing…two more Story A Day entries. I’m still a few days behind, but still writing, and hoping to catch up.
Standard disclaimer applies: I don’t own them; I don’t profit from them.
Her silence was louder than a scream. It was pregnant with all the things she might have said, and her longing to say them.
Something slammed into him from behind, and Jon just had the time to realize that turning his back on Trip was a stupid idea. Then his legs crumpled. He managed to keep his eyes open long enough to see a flash of movement, and Malcolm hitting the deck beside him –
September 2016 goals (final update by Sunday; this post only contains goals I engaged with this session.)
2016 goals (updating by Sunday)
- Story A Day September 2016 : Write 35 stories this month ( the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; Parted From Me: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 24/35 complete; Parted: 1/8; ABOS 1/6 .
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. Secondary goal. Added a few paragraphs; finally closing in on the end of story 30/31.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. 24/35 completed.
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View remaining 13/26 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2; . Episodes/clips/transcripts of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. Secondary goal. Watched TnT-centric portions of “Bound.”
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. Spent some time; made some changes. Better sense of direction emerging.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal. Looked at ROW80 page Monday and Tuesday; working through links.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. Working on it.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal Blog: 1/3; website: 1/3. Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Pinterest, Fanfiction: 1 /2.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. Family: 0/3; Porch: 0/3; study 2/3. Inside random: 6/10, including laundry.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Watched movie/workout/canoodling with Accomplice; Minecraft club with my girl.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. Write-in; Minecraft; couples’ workout.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal. Writer’s group Sunday. Finally a new crit. Will get to that this week, as I pick up my own current revision scene. Nothing on the review I committed to, as yet.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journaling: 3/5; Meditation 3/5 (8 minutes each).
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60 minutes: 2/5; 75 minutes: 2/3.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of ten hours. Tertiary goal. 5 hours, 40 minutes/10 hours.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. I’ve read through “Tomorrow There’ll Be More of Us”; page 132/287.
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search.Primary goal. Helped him send his cover letter.