At my last check-in, I was pondering what will happen if some of my ambitious goals have not been met when midnight comes on June 22….
Basically, nothing special. I won’t lament it, even….
I will just keep on writing, and lving, in ways that make sense and being me joy, and leave me free to enjoy life, and to be there when my family needs me…
Round 2 Goals:
- Read at least as many books as the number of the month (4 in April ; 5 in May; 6 in June) from my bedroom To Be Read piles.
- The Teenage Liberation Handbook – Completed.
- The Trumpet of the Swan – Completed.
- Better Than School – page 121 of 256.
- A Different Kind of Teacher – page 20 of 230
- Hamlet, intro page xiii of 432.
- I have read 3 of 6 books toward attaining this goal for June.
- Input Chameleon’s Dishto Scrivener.
- After some stumbling around through the transition from November’s NaNo writings, done on Diigo, and those that began in January, at 750 Words, I think I have located all missing scenes thus far, and have a coherent draft into Chapter 7.
- I am continuing to input scenes from chapter 7 (originally Chapter 14).
- I found the last remaining chunk of missing text (I only downloaded part of January’s 750 words posts – ooops!).
- I have now completed Chapters 7 and8, and am partially throughChapter 9 (which was Chapter 16. I recall that these middle chapters were long and rambling as I played with ideas and plotlines and characters.
- There is still one snarl I will need to remedy – a misplaced and fragmented scene. I have highlighted one of the relevant passages, and will fix it once I have collected them all.
- Other than that, the transcription process should proceed smoothly, as I am far more familiar with the program, and I now have all the text I need to finish.
- I completed Chapters 9, 10, and 11 (original chapter 18). I inadvertently made a fornatting error on Chapter 11, which it looks like I can fix, but I may need to play around a bit to accomplish that, which I will do before moving on to Chapter 12.
- There were 25 chapters in the rough draft, I am at the beginning of Chapter 19’s text.
- This leaves six chapters and an epilogue left to transcribe in order to attain this goal.
- Create story arc for Blood and Breath.
- I reread Chapters Tenand Eleven,for reference.
- I wrote the story arc for Chapters Twelve and Thirteen.
- Use Twitter and Tweetdeck at least one day a week. Learn more.
- I actually used Twitter for some chatting, Tuesday night, and also for writing sprints.
- I am dropping the idea of needing to use it once a week, though.
- If I get more comfortable with it, and find it more personally relevant, I know I will begin using it more regularly.
- So, this goal will now read: Use Twitter and other social media platforms as desired. Learn more.
- This goal has been attained.
- For WordPress, create a running list of questions; work on finding answers!
- I have reviewed and added some comments to my list.
- I have at least briefly answered most of the questions on the list, and I don’t have any more at the moment.
- I will be setting this list aside, unless something I really want to know crops up, until the next ROWnd.
- This goal has been attained.
- Begin learning about how to publish ebooks.
- I have a very good source or two to explore in more detail; but that will wait until the next ROWnd. I am definitely in a producing rather than absoebing phase, at the moment, and I likely will be until the Rownd has ended.
- This goal has been attained.
- Begin research list/research for Chameleon’s Dish second draft.
- I have a list, and also some resources (as well as ideas for explanding those resources in diverse ways).
- I intend to explore attaching the list to Scrivener, so that I can keep a running list of questions and answers while I edit and do the rough revisions I’m planning, before preparing for a full rewrite.
- Until then, I will likely set this list aside, for now, until I am ready for that experimentation.
- I have borrowed several volumes from our local library, which I will use to get a basic sense of just what I want to learn more about before I move into the rewrite.
- I will be exploring these books during the next several weeks, and compiling a more detailed list; which I can then explore in greater detail…
- This goal has been attained.
- Explore She Writes; Twitter: StoryDam; Pinterest;and LinkedIn . Use, develop, evaluate, adjust.
- I have been intermittently exploring these sites, but have found that I am using far more of my writing time for actually writing and reading, orediting and organizing, at the moment.
- I ‘ve come to the conclusion that I will be appearing in new virtual places only as the natural flow of life allows, so that my explorations will be born of interest, and not out of some sense of duty.
- I will continue to learn and evolve in these areas, as opportunity and desire present themselves.
- This goal has been attained, although I will continue the research into the next round, and possibly beyond.
- Continue joining hops, fests, challenges, and other community blogging efforts.
- I have joined the Flicker of Inspiration linkup for this week with my flash fiction piece, The Pickle Barrel Incident, inspired by Jeremiah’s (long overdue) birth…
- I have been entering these events consistently throughout the ROWnd, as I have felt able to, and will continue to do so,
- This goal has been attained throughout the round, although I will continue entering challenges and other blogging venues as the opportunity arises.
- Comment on and share blogs regularly; share my blogs as widely as seems feasible, and in diverse ways.
- I feel as though I’ve really had a hard time with this one.
- I’ve been very busy with living, and with writing and organizing, and this fell by the wayside.
- I’d like to be able to be more supportive, so I will set fewer goals next round, and give this one more priority.
- Do 3 guest posts and host 3 guest bloggers this round.
- I have written most of the rough draft of an essay which I hope will be my second guest post.
- I have an idea about where and what my third guest post will be.
- I am still seeking two guest bloggers for shanjeniah.
- However, I am not into forcing things.
- Sima garo will provide. I need only be open to it. =)
- I have posted one guest blogger.
- I have submitted one guest post.
- Add JOY to every day!
- Monday: Relaxing day; puttering; reading;writing; family time; venting.
- Tuesday: Solitude, reading, puttering, writing, connection with family and dear friend.
- Wednesday: Supplies for various projects, library, family time, reading, exploring.
- Add movement to every day, too!
- Monday: Gardening and weeding; hometending.
- Tuesday: Mellow hometending.
- Wednesday: Shopping; library visit; short in-village walk; hometending; carrrying heavy bags of soil, groceries, and library books.
- Add self-decorating to every week!
- So far this week, I have worn my blue streaks, anti-frizz cream, pretty shirts, and a whole lotta joy!
- Add more of my passions to each day, in as many ways as I can manage.
- Monday: Reading; writing; hometending; yardtending.; family connection; spousal intimacy.
- Tuesday: Reading; writing; creating: hometending; time to myself; a visit with Eden Mabee; playing.
- Wednesday: Happy afternoon shopping and to library with kids; induging bibliophilia; homrtending; writing; reading; researching.
- Add all these for my beloved others, too!
- Jeremiah: Helped with birthday list; trip to library and new card; cuddles and conversation.
- Jim: Spousal time; conversation; supported his fishing trip.
- Annalise: Helped with her birthday list; read aloud; trip to library; new card; paid fine; lots of yesses; cuddles; play; conversation.
So, why am I, after all the hard work and goal setting, and striving, not terribly worried about whther I complete these goals?
Well, I do have all the hard work and passion I put in. I wanted to write and to pursue those specific goals – but the end date is just an arbitrary point in time. I am not a failure if I need more time than that. I am a person pursuing a goal, and delighting in the process...
My thoughts and perceptions are shifting and deepening. I earned a tiny little bit of money with my writing this round; in the first, I didn’t.
I don’t need the validation of money, and money is a supremely useful tool when I want to trade it for something I value more.
I’ve been published in more places, and I have submitted in more places. No, it’s still not commonplace; yes, it is still fraught with a nameless apprehension, mixing with anticipation.
It’s sharing my words and my truth with more of the world, and I am feeling quite brave about it…
There are still more reasons, but it’s past dawn outside, and I have been reading, writing, watching PBS (the War of 1812), and playing Cake Mania 2 all nigt long…..so I am going to go to sleep….soon!
I haven’t posted the Linky, lately, so here it is.…have a ROW with some other amazing writers!
- ROWin’ Strong and Steady…Goals Update #20 (shanjeniah.com)
- On Life and ROWing….Goals Update #19 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROWing Mellowly Down the Stream – ROW Update #5 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROWing with my Nature…Goals Update #8 (shanjeniah.com)
- I was so much older then/I’m younger than that now…. (tallulahbankhead.wordpress.com)