It’s November…what does that mean to you?
To me, it’s a time of abundance and scarcity (like last week, which was between my Accomplice’s final, partial unemployment check, and his first full check from his new job, and when several of our larger bills came due). It’s abundant for the profusion of words that gather as NaNoWriMo progresses, and there’s the comparative perceived scarcity of time…time to spend with loved ones, tending to my home and myself, and piling up those words to create a story…oh, and those homeschool reports due in the middle of next month.
All of this means that it’s time for some new November goals…
Note: For more details, visit the links below.
- NaNoWriMo: Complete draft of Tsunamis (KIC#6); 24 Scenes, ~65,000 words. Primary goal. Scene 3/24 complete; 5,106/~65,000 words).
- Poets on the Page: Write final two poems using OctPoWriMo prompts. Secondary goal. Poem 30/31 completed on 11/1, as part of my NaNo draft – now that’s efficiency in action!
- Blogging From A to Z April Challenge: Continue writing poems/drafting posts, on a rotating-week cycle. Tertiary goal. I’ll use these as filler between larger progress, and hopefully wrap up the month with some tidy progress and momentum I can build on in December.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: The Far Shore (KIC #5): Complete draft as a postscript to my NaNoWriMo efforts. (Scene 8/24 in progress; 21,533/65,000 words). Side goal. This will be a project for after my main novel, Tsunamis, is completed. If that runs long, or I just need some downtime, it will be postponed until December.
Plot #atozchallenge posts. Primary goal. This has three components for each post: a poem, image, and themed essay. All themes selected, and poetry written through letter E at beginning of month. The idea is to have all components at least sketched out by the end of the round.
Star Trek Chronology Project: Watch final 12 episodes, Season Three of Star Trek: The Original Series. Secondary goal. I figure I may not make this one, because NaNo – but I also might want the downtime, because NaNo. =) It’s on my list to finish this year, though – so we’ll see.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz” and get it in the hands of waiting betas. Revise Chapters 4-7 of A Backdrop of Stars; review 1-3; Love and Loss. Primary goal. I’ve had at least two requests for more stories at ff.net, so this moves to top billing.
Self-Publication: Revise/polish “A Splash of Red”; offer for critique readers. Secondary goal. I want to get this published by year’s end, but, since I’m running out of year, so it’s time to move forward here.
Kifo Island: Submit Sea Changes scenes 5-8 to critique group. Critique crit partners’ work as posted. Side goal; there probably won’t be any activity in the group since we’re all NaNoing this month. Still, my momentum has stopped, so time to nudge it.
Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. This will be a Thursday/Monday focus. Primary goal.
- Interaction: Visit website, blog, ROW80, Albany NNWM, and Yakon Village FB pages; ff.net; Twitter; Instagram; and Pinterest at least weekly, each site. Secondary goal. Once each for green items.
Continue in situ website design, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Post one reblog and two snippets each week. This is a Friday/Tuesday focus. Tertiary goal. This can be tricky during NaNo, but I’m determined.
Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, and porch. Use the 27 Thing Fling for structure/4 each per week. Add in 22 cycles a week for random indoor/outdoor tidying/hometending. Primary goal. (For the week): Porch: 1 /4; family 1/4. Random inside/outside: 19/22. A good start to the week; mostly because getting up and moving gets me oxygenated and helps the ideas to flow, so there’s an added benefit to cleaning.
Homeschool Administration: Gather info/draft first quarter reports (due 12/15). Create Flickr portfolio for Miah; continue to file to Lise’s. Secondary goal. We had a very busy quarter, so there’s a lot to organize here.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive Homeschool, Blogging, and Beta Reading files. Maintain email below 99 messages. Tertiary goal. I’ve tended to have trouble keeping up during NaNo, but habit and momentum are on my side. Wednesday/Saturday focus.
Yard Beautification: Declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Side goal. Nice weather expected this week; a good time to move forward.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Primary goal. Conversation; flirting; canoodling. Kids and I went to the New York State Museum today.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly online and in person. Secondary goal. Visited FB page/ attended party.
- Paying it Forward: Offer promotional posts for other writers. Tertiary goal. Blog tour post coming to me tomorrow.
Journal six times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes six mornings, and four minutes three evenings. Primary goal. Maintaining at my October level.
Fitness: Get a cumulative total of at least 75 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 90 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. Maintaining at my October level.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of ten hours. Tertiary goal. Dropping a bit to make it more attainable.
Leaps of Faith:
Mentor Yacon Writing Class. Primary goal. Another way to give back.
The IDIC Romance: Submit chapters 4-7 of A Backdrop of Stars to fanfiction.net; begin submitting to Ad Astra. Secondary goal. I wanted to get to these for the last two months. I still do.
Create Patreon page, and incorporate it into my social media…this is an exploratory time. Tertiary goal. This could be a very good idea, for many reasons.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
We’re on Facebook!