Yes, I’m late – and unrepentant. I had a very full weekend, camping with the kids and several other unschooling families. Sunday was filled with saying our goodbyes, breaking camp, and the nearly four-hour drive home. Life was full of living, and, although I started this post on Saturday, I gave myself to being where I was.
That being said, here’s what’s up in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Recently at shanjeniah:
Sunday Post for July 13, 2014: Celebrating life and mourning loss; book cover reveal party; Star Trek fan fiction; indecision and growth; ROW80 updates; Celine JeanJean‘s flash fiction;AmyBeth Inverness‘ rediscovered treasures; a poetic offering; and a song.
- The Gift of Grief: The death of our newborn son brought many unexpected changes and challenges – and an enormous shift in my own priorities.
- Little Miss Logical: Distaste, desire, frustration, a missing Klingon, and a haughty little Vulcan lady to entice him – Trip Tucker is having one of those days. (based on the Star Trek:Enterprise series pilot, Broken Bow, Part 1).
- Bringing the Inside Outside or the Outside Inside: My mind meanders while camping with my kids.
- Stretched Between: Life, death, and a whole lot of WIP writing – 19K in four days flat!
- An Adventurous Stretch:A little writing, a nice workout, and more than a little talk about camping.
- For Coffee and Conversation, I’ll share our camping experience, maybe even with pictures! It’s also possible that this will be a Tuesday post, rather than Monday, when it generally appears.
- WIPpet Wednesday will host an excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance –I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with the third installment ofTigress T’Pol”, as Trip and T’Pol are headed for trouble…
- And forStream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), I’ll be doing just what the title suggests – writing a stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt.
- ROW80 Updates:Sunday and Wednesday are my days for updating my goals progress for A Round of Words in 80 Days.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Why Michael Sams Makes My Mate Cry…OK, and Me,Too:Gretchen Wing offers a message, and tears of justice that resonate far beyond the sports world, for our consideration.
- Sides: Helen Espinoza shares a stream-of-consciousness poem on taking sides, and the possible consequences.
- Rose B.Fischerhas a personal mission: to increase media awareness of disabilities. I’ll be answering some of these questions on my blog in future weeks; why not join in for The Redefining Disability Awareness Challenge?
- This week was all aboutUnschoolers Rock the Campground. Delicious, on so many levels!
- I reread several stories from my WIP anthology, The IDIC Romance. Revisions, additions, and new stories wove through the weekend, and are still going.
- I moved forward with the WIP I am beta-reading for another writer. It’s already amazing; can’t wait to see how much juicier it’ll be when she’s done with it! =)